COVID-19 Rent Relief Program
The federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act is a law to help people hurt financially by the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States. CARES Act assistance is now available in Pennsylvania for rent relief and mortgage relief. In late May 2020, the General Assembly directed $175 million of these CARES dollars to Pennsylvania Housing and Finance Authority (PHFA) to provide assistance for struggling renters and homeowners.
Mortgage Relief Program
Rent Relief Program
PHFA has identified organizations in all 67 counties to process the large number of rent relief applications anticipated. The Centre County Office of Adult Services, in partnership with local human services agencies, is administering the rent relief program for Centre County residents.
Income Guidelines for Centre County Rent Relief Program
|Yearly Upper Threshold Salary Limit Based Upon Persons in Family|
Checklist to Apply for Rent Relief
Before you apply for rental assistance, please download this checklist to make sure you send all required documents.
Steps to Apply for Rent Relief
- Print ALL 3 applications below.
- Complete ALL 3 applications. The applications require both renter and landlord involvement. The landlord must complete Landlord Application and Landlord/Property Certification Application.
- Gather any supplemental documentation requested in the 3 applications.
- Before submitting your applications and documentation please use this checklist to make sure you are sending all required documentation and ensure the fastest receipt possible of CARES financial aid to help with your rent. Failure to send a complete application packet will delay processing of your submission and slow receipt by you of any rental assistance, if you qualify.
- Submit your applications and supporting paperwork to the Centre County Office of Adult Services for review. You can submit electronically at email@example.com or by mail:
Office of Adult Services
ATTN: Faith Ryan
3500 E. College Ave., Ste. 1200
State College, PA 16801
If you would like to pick up an application packet, please visit any Centre County YMCA branch during normal business hours. If transportation is an issue and/or these sites are not accessible for you please contact the Office of Adult Services at (814) 355-6768.
Please contact the Office of Adult Services at (814) 355-6768.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
PHFA has developed a FAQ for the CARES Rental Relief Program.
PHFA has developed a Fact Sheet for the CARES Rental Relief Program.