Offices How Do I
About Us Services
Click to Home
Go To Search

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

How can I find out if someone is in jail?
You may call 814-355-6794 option 0 and ask if a specific person is in jail. By State law, the identity of the persons in jail is public information. You can also go to the Correctional Facility Inmate Listing.

How do I bail someone out of jail?
You may either post the full bond personally or contact a licensed bonding agent who will post the full bond for a non-refundable fee.

Can you recommend a bonding agent?
No. Facility staff is strictly forbidden from recommending for or against any individual bonding agent. All of the listing from the telephone directory are posted in the Yellow Pages of the phone book. Alternatively, Click here for a list of registered bondsmen in Centre County.

How long does it take for a person to be processed and released from jail?
This will depend on how many other people are being arrested and released during the same time period. Before an inmate can be properly booked and released, they must be cooperative with the intake process. Arrestees who are combative are placed in holding cells until they choose to be cooperative. Evenings, Weekends and Holidays are traditionally the busiest times for the booking unit.

Can I call an inmate in jail?
No. Inmates can call out, but incoming calls to inmates are not allowed. The Staff are not able to relay messages to inmates.

How can I stop an inmate from calling me?
If you receive an unwanted call from an inmate, you can place a block on your phone number. The phone block stops all calls from inmates at the jail. When you receive the call, listen to the recording and press the appropriate number to block the calls.

I am unable to receive collect calls. How can I get calls from someone in jail?
Many telephone companies are not set up to allow you to receive collect calls. The current inmate telephone system vendor for the jail is GTL - (1-877-650-4249). At the call, you are directed on how to setup a prepaid account that allows you to receive collect calls from inmates. That account is only valid on a single telephone.

An inmate has advised me that he or she is having trouble making calls to me. Why is this happening?
Either you cannot receive collect calls on that line and you don't have a prepaid account set up, or you may have your telephone forwarded. Forwarded calls are not allowed for inmates. Additionally, inmates are not allowed to participate in three-way calls. If you attempt to initiate a three-way call you will be disconnected.

How do I write to an inmate?
You may write an inmate by addressing a letter to the inmate as follows:

Inmate's Full Name, Booking #
700 Rishel Hill Road
Bellefonte, PA 16823

Return address must have your full name and complete address. Mail that may be refused includes, but is not limited to, items that meet one or more of the following criteria:
  • The envelope must not contain Crayons, Markers, Colored Pencils, Tape, Stickers, Glitter, String, Ribbon, Staples, Magazines/Newspaper Clipplings, Laminated Items, Internet Printouts, Photocopies, Envelopes, Stamps, or any other item not authorized for inmate possession.
  • Photos larger than 5x7, photos in excess of qty 10. instant film/Polaroids.
  • Battery-operated or large greeting cards.
  • Post Cards
  • Catalogs or Pamphlets
  • Cash, Money Order or Personal Check Enclosed.
  • Correspondence with any prohibited party, including correspondence directed through a third party.
  • Any piece of mail that does not have full legible return name and address.
  • Any packages that are received without prior approval, not including publications.

You may send family pictures to an inmate, but no nude or explicit photos are allowed. Anything deemed contraband will be confiscated and may be destroyed. You cannot drop off Bibles or medallions for inmates. You may purchase books and have them sent to the jail ONLY if sent directly by the publisher or, the publication must be NEW and labeled as:

CCCF, C/O Inmate's Booking Name, Booking #
700 Rishel Hill Road
Bellefonte, PA 16823

Inmates MUST comply with jail policy to ensure no more than the allotted numbers of books are in a cell.

Can I mail things other than letters to an inmate?
No. Other items will be returned to sender. Inmates are allowed to purchase additional hygiene or comfort items through the commissary. You can deposit money in their inmate account for such purchases. The SecurePak program has been discontinued at this time.

When is inmate visitation?
Visits much be arranged 24 hour in advance. A limited number of visitation slots are available. It is the inmate's responsibility to setup the visit and inform you of the date and time of your visit. If you have been incarcerated in any jail within the last 6 months or you are on probation, you will not be allowed to visit.

How do I deposit money for an inmate to purchase commissary items?
You can add money to an inmate's Commissary Account by going online to Connect Network, using the toll-free automated phone service (1-888-988-4768), or by making a deposit at the kiosk located in the jail lobby.

  • Toll Free Phone: 1-888-988-4768
    • Accepts MasterCard, Visa Debit and Credit Cards.
    • Funds available for use within the hour.
  • Online: Connect Network
    • Accepts MasterCard, Visa Debit and Credit Cards.
    • Funds available for use within the hour.
  • Kiosk: Located in the jail lobby.
    • Accepts Cash, MasterCard, Visa Debit and Credit Cards.
    • Funds are available for use within the hour.
  • By Mail: We do NOT accept deposits by mail.
    • All funds mailed to the facility will be returned to sender.

Can I find out when an inmate is being transferred to another facility?
No. For security reasons inmates will not be advised when moves to other facilities will occur, nor will this information be provided to outside individuals. After an inmate has transferred, they may call friends and family to advise them of the move.

What happens to inmate account moneys?
Inmates are allowed to use the money in their account to purchase commissary items, pay booking, and pay for medical services, etc. If they still have money in their account upon release, they will receive a debit card at release or a check will be mailed to them for the balance of the account. The inmate has seventy-two (72) hours to remove his or her money from the debit card. After the seventy-two (72) hours there will be a daily charge deducted from the debit card.

How can a Victim find out information about the Offender?
VINE - Victim Information and Notification Every day, the National Victim Notification Network. This service allows crime victims to obtain timely and reliable information about criminal cases and the custody status of offenders 24 hours a day. Some states have the ability to display this website in Spanish. Victims and other concerned citizens can also register to be notified by phone, email, text message (SMS) or TTY device when an offender's custody status changes. Users can also register through their participating state or county toll-free number. Link is an online portal to VINE, America's number one victim notification network. CINE has been providing victims and concerned citizens with the power of information for decades, allowing these individuals to have the sense of security that they deserve. VINELink can be access 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to provide the most reliable information for custody status and criminal case information. Visit