Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

How can I find out if someone is in jail?

You may call 814-355-6794 option 0 and ask if a specific person is in jail. By State law, the identity of the persons in jail is public information. You can also go to the Correctional Facility Inmate Listing.

How do I bail someone out of jail?

You may either post the full bond personally or contact a licensed bonding agent who will post the full bond for a non-refundable fee.

Can you recommend a bonding agent?

No. Facility staff is strictly forbidden from recommending for or against any individual bonding agent.

How long does it take a person to be processed and released from jail?

This will depend on how many other people are being arrested and released during the same time period. Before an inmate can be properly booked and released, they must be cooperative with the intake process. Arrestees who are combative are placed in holding cells until they choose to be cooperative. Evenings, Weekends and Holidays are traditionally the busiest times for the booking unit.

Can I call an inmate in jail?

No. Inmates can call out, but incoming calls to inmates are not allowed. The Staff are not able to relay messages to inmates.

How can I stop an inmate from calling me?

If you receive an unwanted call from an inmate, you can place a block on your phone number. The phone block stops all calls from inmates at the jail. When you receive the call, listen to the recording and press the appropriate number to block the calls.

I am unable to receive collect calls. How can I get calls from someone in jail?

Many telephone companies are not set up to allow you to receive collect calls. The current inmate telephone system vendor for the jail is GTL - (1-877-650-4249). At the call, you are directed on how to setup a prepaid account that allows you to receive collect calls from inmates. That account is only valid on a single telephone.

An inmate has advised me that he or she is having trouble making calls to me. Why is this happening?

Either you cannot receive collect calls on that line and you don't have a prepaid account set up, or you may have your telephone forwarded. Forwarded calls are not allowed for inmates. Additionally, inmates are not allowed to participate in three-way calls. If you attempt to initiate a three-way call you will be disconnected.

How do I write to an inmate?

Please see Mail Information and Text Behind Mail Policy

When is inmate visitation?

Visits much be arranged 24 hour in advance. A limited number of visitation slots are available. It is the inmate's responsibility to setup the visit and inform you of the date and time of your visit. If you have been incarcerated in any jail within the last 6 months or you are on probation, you will not be allowed to visit.

How do I deposit money for an inmate to purchase commissary items?

You can add money to an inmate's Commissary Account by going online to Connect Network, using the toll-free automated phone service (1-888-988-4768), or by making a deposit at the kiosk located in the jail lobby.


  • Toll Free Phone: 1-888-988-4768
    • Accepts MasterCard, Visa Debit and Credit Cards.
    • Funds available for use within the hour.
  • Online: Connect Network
    • Accepts MasterCard, Visa Debit and Credit Cards.
    • Funds available for use within the hour.
  • Kiosk: Located in the jail lobby.
    • Accepts Cash, MasterCard, Visa Debit and Credit Cards.
    • Funds are available for use within the hour.
  • By Mail: We do NOT accept deposits by mail.
    • All funds mailed to the facility will be returned to sender.

Can I find out when an inmate is being transferred to another facility?

No. For security reasons inmates will not be advised when moves to other facilities will occur, nor will this information be provided to outside individuals. After an inmate has transferred, they may call friends and family to advise them of the move.

What happens to inmate account moneys?

Inmates are allowed to use the money in their account to purchase commissary items, pay booking fee, and pay for medical services, etc. If they still have money in their account upon release, they will receive a debit card at release or a check will be mailed to them for the balance of the account. The inmate has seventy-two (72) hours to remove his or her money from the debit card. After the seventy-two (72) hours there will be a daily charge deducted from the debit card.

How can a Victim find out information about the Offender?

VINE - Victim Information and Notification Every day, the National Victim Notification Network. This service allows crime victims to obtain timely and reliable information about criminal cases and the custody status of offenders 24 hours a day. Some states have the ability to display this website in Spanish. Victims and other concerned citizens can also register to be notified by phone, email, text message (SMS) or TTY device when an offender's custody status changes. Users can also register through their participating state or county toll-free number. VineLink is an online portal to VINE, America's number one victim notification network. VINE has been providing victims and concerned citizens with the power of information for decades, allowing these individuals to have the sense of security that they deserve. VineLink can be accessed 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to provide the most reliable information for custody status and criminal case information. Visit VineLink