Accessing Services

Individuals who have general questions about services are welcome to contact the Drug and Alcohol staff at (814) 355-6744 during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, to discuss the various options available.

Individuals who are specifically interested in outpatient treatment may contact either of the two county contracted providers to request an appointment:

  • Crossroads Counseling (State College) Phone: (814) 231-0940
  • Quest Services (Bellefonte and Philipsburg) Phone: (888) 694-9996

The outpatient provider you choose will begin the assessment process to better determine your needs and to make a recommendation for services. They will also complete the necessary paperwork to access county funding.

Individuals who are specifically interested in inpatient treatment, or do not know what level of services they would like, can call Drug and Alcohol at (814) 355-6744 and request an assessment. Case management staff will begin the assessment process to determine which services best address your needs.

Please Note

  • All services through the Drug and Alcohol Office are voluntary. While you are welcome to call and ask questions on behalf of a family member or friend, the individual who will receive the service needs to call and arrange for the service/assessment.
  • Drug and Alcohol is the payer of last resort. If you have insurance or other third party payment options, these resources will need to be considered first. In addition, the initial assessment will include a determination of liability – which will determine if you must contribute to the cost of your services.