The testing site address for the indoor walk-in testing site is: Nittany Mall, Sears Auto Center, 183 Shiloh Road, State College, PA, 16801
COVID-19 Public Testing Information
No appointment is necessary. Testing is on a first-come, first-serve basis and is completely free to all patients. Patients must be ages three and older and are not required to show symptoms of COVID-19 in order to be tested. Up to 450 patients can be tested per day. Mid-nasal passage swab PCR tests will be performed. Patients are encouraged to bring a photo-ID. Registration will also be completed on-site. The turnaround time for testing results is two to seven days after testing.
Testing Schedule - Centre County
- Daily: Tuesday - Saturday (September 1 - October 31)
The testing site address for the indoor walk-in testing site is:
- Nittany Mall, Sears Auto Center, 183 Shiloh Road, State College, PA, 16801
How to Get Tested
- No appointment is necessary
- Register on site
- Bring a photo-ID and insurance card
- Patients are not required to show symptoms of COVID-19 in order to be tested -- anyone can get tested
Symptoms of COVID-19 may appear in as few as two days or as long as 14 days after exposure. Symptoms include:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
If you develop any of these emergency warning signs for COVID-19, get medical attention immediately.
- Emergency warning signs for COVID-19 include:
- Trouble breathing: gasping for air or cannot talk without catching your breath, unable to speak full sentences
- Coughing up blood (more than about 1 teaspoon)
- Bluish lips or face
- Severe and constant pain or pressure in the chest
- Severe and constant dizziness or lightheadedness, too weak to stand
- Acting confused (new or worsening)
- Unconscious or very difficult to wake up
- Slurred speech (new or worsening)
- New seizure or seizures that won't stop
- This list is not all inclusive. Please consult your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning to you.
- Call 911 if you have a medical emergency: Notify the operator that you have, or think you might have, COVID-19. If possible, put on a cloth face covering before medical help arrives.
- At the testing site:
- You will be asked to show your photo ID and insurance card.
- You will be asked to blow your nose and discard the tissues in a plastic bag.
- Test site staff will hand you a test swab.
- You will swab the inside of each nostril and carefully return the swab to the test-site staff.
- The turnaround time for testing results is two to seven days after testing.
- Individuals who are tested should self-isolate while they await test results. For those individuals who live with other people, they should self-isolate in a private room and use a private bathroom if possible. Whoever else lives in the home with the individual awaiting test results should also stay at home. View COVID-19 Patient Instructions for Self Isolation While Awaiting Lab Results (PDF).
How to Manage Symptoms at Home
Questions? Call 1-877-PA-HEALTH (1-877-724-3258)