The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program offers free (certified) tax help and electronic filing for individuals/families with household income of approximately $65,000 and below.
FOR APPOINTMENTS in Bellefonte, State College, Boalsburg or Philipsburg: On or after January 23 call RSVP at 814-355-6816 and select option #1 to make a VITA appointment.
Appointments will be made ONLY ON Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM.
- No in person contact with preparers –Waiting in waiting area for completion of your returns.
- Photo identification (Examples: Driver’s License, State ID, School ID)
- Social Security Cards and birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents
- Income documents: W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-Int, 1099-Div, 1099-Misc, and so on
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns (if available)
- Bank routing numbers and account numbers (if you want Direct Deposit/Debit)
- To file taxes electronically for a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses should attend.