The County of Centre, Pennsylvania, welcomes internet service providers to submit proposals to deploy high-speed internet broadband within unserved and underserved prioritized communities.
The intent of this request is to identify broadband deployment projects and to solidify a partnership with an Internet Service Provider (ISP) in advance of the Pennsylvania Broadband Development Authority’s grant funding application processes. The County may consider, at its discretion, a proposal that warrants support not tied to the Authority’s grant awards, if the proposal is appropriately scaled and demonstrates service attainment in an unserved and/or an underserved locations to 100/20 Mbps.
The County is best positioned to serve as a supporting partner to an ISP that is willing to serve as the grant applicant. The County is willing to provide grant application and project assistance such as in-kind services, letters of support, supplemental data, conducting public engagement, or contributing financial match, where feasible.
The County strongly encourages ISPs who may seek assistance as described above to participate in the RFP process to ensure a standard, fair and transparent evaluation. Proposals will be internally evaluated based on an ISP’s demonstrated ability to construct, operate and manage broadband internet infrastructure. The County requests that the standard policies attached herein be signed and returned with the proposal.
Request for Proposals may be accepted by e-mail to Project Manager, Elizabeth Lose, Assistant Planning Director (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Any questions regarding the County’s desired scope of work, technical expectations, and alternative transmittal methods should be directed in writing to Ms. Lose before Friday, May 12, 2023, and responses will be returned to all inquirers on Friday, May 19, 2023.
Click here to view the RFP
- Release: Tuesday, April 25, 2023
- Deadline for questions from proposers: Friday, May 12, 2023, 5 p.m. EST
- Deadline for county response to questions: Friday, May 19, 2023, 5 p.m. EST
- Deadline for submissions: Friday, May 26, 2023, 5 p.m. EST
- Evaluations and Clarifications: Tuesday, May 30, 2023 and Wednesday, May 31, 2023
- Recommendation to the Commissioners: Thursday, June 1, 2023
- Advancement to the Commissioners Agenda: Friday, June 2, 2023
- RFP Selection: Tuesday, June 6, 2023