How many checks do I need when recording?

We can accept cash or check for recording fees. It is not necessary to present separate checks for state or local transfer taxes. All checks are payable to "Centre County Recorder of Deeds." Remember, all deeds and instruments conveying real estate need to have a "Uniform Parcel Identifier" number on the document before it can be recorded. This UPI number must be issued by the Centre County Assessment Office. A separate check made payable to County of Centre will be necessary for this process. To find out more about the UPI requirements, call the Assessment Office at 814-355-6721.

Show All Answers

1. What are the hours of operation of the Recorder of Deeds Office?
2. How far back do your records go?
3. What is the county registry of documents?
4. What are the recording fees?
5. How many checks do I need when recording?
6. May I do recording by mail?
7. Can I get information over the phone?
8. How long does it take to get documents back?
9. Why does it take one to two days?
10. Can anyone look at my deed or mortgage?
11. Can I prepare my own deed?
12. How do I get a copy of my deed or mortgage?
13. How do I replace a lost deed?
14. How do I change, add, or erase a name on a deed?
15. Is it necessary to delete a deceased spouse's name?
16. If a woman marries, should she change her name on her deed?
17. If I sell a portion of my land, do I get a new deed for the remainder?
18. Why is a deed recorded?
19. If I build on my lot, do I get a new deed for my house?
20. If I find a mistake in my deed, how do I correct it?